You Are SAFE!
Imagine yourself at a Major League Baseball game on a perfectly beautiful, warm day. Picture the pitcher and the batter taking their places on the field.
The pitcher probably already has in his mind the type of ball he wants to pitch to the batter. Undoubtedly, the batter is trying to prepare himself for the pitch coming his way, but he still has no idea what the pitcher has in mind to throw. If you will, imagine the pitcher is life and the batter represents us trying to figure out which way, how fast and what type of throw life will pitch our way.
Expect the Unexpected
There is no doubt that life can throw some curve balls that you just weren’t expecting. It can come at you so fast and so hard that you don’t even get a chance to swing at it, and if you do try to swing, most of the time you will miss, terribly.
The current state of the world is a direct reflection of curve balls. Almost every day, there is a new headline or story that completely catches you off guard or even shocks you to disbelief. Ultimately, it should bring us all to a place of prayer for the world.
I believe this is why our playbook instructs us to not allow our hearts to be troubled.
“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.” (John 14:1 KJV)
Jesus reassures us that if we believe (trust) in Him, then we will be alright, no matter the unpredictable pitch(es) that may come our way.
Life is never perfect, neither is it predictable, but our playbook tells us over and over again to TRUST God. I’ve never seen the playbook say, “figure it out!” Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto to your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path.”
So, what’s the play call?
1. Try not to focus so much on the curveball, but focus on trusting that God knew the pitch was coming, so He will show you how to maintain and successfully deal with the unexpected style and speed of the pitch!
2. Don’t be troubled by what you see and hear. Guard your eye and ear gates – use wisdom! Stay focused on Him. Pray for clarity and peace!
3. When you feel completely defeated and/or depleted, God can and will restore your soul. Psalm 23:3 “He restores my soul…” Trust Him to take good care of you.
4. Each and every one of us will have to face something in our life that doesn’t feel, look, or seem good….it’s just a part of life! I’m so glad our playbook lets us know in Romans 8:28 “….We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
5. Keep walking and living on purpose! You have a purpose that can only be fulfilled by you in the earth. Don’t be discouraged by the curve balls; continue to be encouraged, motivated, and inspired!